Cantaloupe, Honey Rock AAS
Honey Rock is not only great tasting, having a sweet delicate taste but an early maturing heirloom melon with decent yields. AAS WINNER
- Botanical Name - Cucumis melo
- Zone: 3-10
- Days to Maturity: 80 Days
- Height: 12-18"
- Fruit Color: Salmon Orange
- Fruit Size - 3-4 LB
- Treated: No
- Germination Time: 7-14 Days
- Breed: Heirloom, Open Pollinated
- Germination Rate: 90%
- Lifecycle: Annual
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Watering: Average to Moderate
- Sow Method: Direct Sow or Transplant
- Sow Depth: 1/4-1/2 inch
- Plant Spacing: 18"
- Row Spacing: 6'
- Season of Interest: Cool/Warm
- Approx. 32 Seed Per Gram
- Companion Planting Guide
CLASSIFICATION: Open Pollinated, Heirloom, Non-Gmo
Open pollinated means this plants flowers are fertilized by bees, moths, birds, bats, and even the wind or rain. The seed that forms produces the same plant the following year.
All heirlooms are open pollinated, but not all open pollinated plants are heirlooms. Only a small fraction of the plant world is considered heirloom.
This variety has a history of being passed down within communities and families as early as the 1700's, similar to the generational sharing of items like jewelry or furniture.